Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My experience during Hurricane Sandy

                               "Did Sandy leave Yet?" / Ya se fue Sandy? " 

It was a very scaring hurricane. I'm still paying financial repercussions and just got my internet back days ago. However, I know how well I did compared to others and I count my blessings. I have friends who lost all, still have no power, etc... 

Anyhow, i wanted to share how i prepped up in the Upper West Side of Manhattan... and my experience./
Este huracan causo mucho susto. Sigo pagando repercusiones economicas y apenas regreso mi internet hace dias. Sin embargo, se que me fue muy bien a comparacion de otros y cuento con mis bendiciones. Tengo amigos que lo perdieron todo, siguen sin electricidad, etc

En fin, queria compartir sobre como me prepare en la parte alta de Manhattan y mi experiencia...
Stored a months worth of food... That's how prepared I was ! / almacene un mes de comida, asi de preparada estaba !
Stored LOTS of water, filled my tuperwear and even my teapots ! / almacene MUCHA agua, rellene mis toper y hasta mis teteros
I even filled up my bathtub half way and other plastic containers with water / hasta rellene mi tina a la  mitad y tambien otros contenedores de plastico con agua
This was my view on the night of Sandy and I could still hear strong, shattering winds, that's how bad it was.../ esta fue mi vista durante Sandy y aun ahi oi los vientes fuertisimos como si fueran a romper todo....
I had never seen supermarket aisles this empty, specially for bread... / nunca habia visto hileras de comida tan vacias, especialmente las del pan....
Lady liberty stood tall through the end... / la estatua de la libertad se mantuvo firme hasta el final

and some took an opportunity to  scuba in the subways (THIS WAS A JOKE THAT WAS SPREAD AROUND ON FACEBOOK) / y algunos tomaron la oportunidad para busear en el metro BROMA QUE SURGIO EN EL FACEBOOK
In the end, I did realize that if anything bad was going to happen to me, I'd rather be in NY because government and people mobilized solutions very fast and I felt their support at all times. I loved to see the spirit of volunteers, information and help around me. In that sense, I was gladder than ever that I lived in NY / Y al final, me di cuenta que si llegara a pasarme algo, es mejor que me pase en NY porque el gobierno y la gente se mobilizaron muy rapido con soluciones y senti su apoyo todo el tiempo. Me encanto ver el espiritu de voluntarios, informacion y ayuda a mi alrededor. En ese sentido, estuve muy agradecida de vivir en NY

No comments:

Post a Comment