Friday, November 23, 2012

Food Glorious Food = Thanksgiving :)

And so the only Tragedy about last night is not bringing enough leftovers home lol. But seriously I'm still thinking about some pumpkin cheesecake I cannot find anywhere in Manhattan because it was homemade ! / la unica tragedia de anoche fue no haber traido suficientes sobras para el recalentado de hoy en casa jaja. Pero en serio habia un pie de calabaza con queso que no podre encontrar en ninguna parte de Manhattan porque fue hecho en casa.

Anyhow, I had a great Thanksgiving day as usual. The only difference is that this time, my siblings weren't able to accompany me to visit our family in New Jersey and I had to take the train from Penn Station. Being so, I was tempted to accept invitations from local friends to stay in town, however, Thanksgiving is mainly about spending time with family, being grateful for them and sharing food. 

That's why, in the end, I'm glad I ended up in New Jersey even though,  like a marathon that Thanksgiving seems to be, we started appetizers and drinks around 4pm and ended with desert and coffee close to 9pm for which I ended in a "food coma".  It was great though, it makes the holiday unique. / Tome el tren de ida y vuela a Nueva Jersey para ver a mi familia y valio mucho la pena, aunque parecio un maraton de comida ya que empezamos con aperitivos y tragos a las 4pm y terminamos con postre y cafe como a las 9pm. Es lo que hace esta fiesta particular.

It was nice to come back home and be in the train with another New Yorker. Home "is the city" and all of its action". Gratitude was at its fullest last night at every level... /Fue lindo llegar a casa en el tren con otro Neuyorkino. Nuestro hogar es "la ciudad y toda su accion"


I was discreet in taking fotos of my family, and I because..... we don't want to be judged by what or how much we eat ! LOL / Fui discreta en poner fotos de mi familia porque no quiero ser juzgada por lo que comemos y por CUANTO ! jajaja
If you like the tapestry hanging on the wall, its a Oaxacan Mexican handmade wool woven piece .  You can look at my friend's Allan's website http://www.berakahoaxaca.com/#!english or email me for more questions : ayaricg@gmail.com /  Si le gusta este tapete hecho a mano por Oaxaquenios, contacte a mi amigo Allan o a mi: ayaricg@gmail.com y yo le puedo ayudar a conseguir uno


Turkey and Beef Roast leaving the oven..../ El pavo y la carne ya saliendo del horno...

Desert time ! ummm still dreaming about this  ;) / Tiempo del postre y lo sigo soniando...
I think we all owe gratitude towards each other, every single person in this world is serving another, somehow... It'd be great to learn how to say Thank You in each language /  Creo que todos nos debemos agradecer, cada persona en el mundo esta sirviendo el uno al otro, de alguna manera. Seria bueno aprender a decir Gracias en todos los idiomas !

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie - Happy Thanksgiving  Weekend Everybody !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment